Monday, October 7, 2013

Time To.... Unwind

I find myself sitting here, in the same exact spot that I enjoyed this morning while initiating my first blog. This spot is like a magnet to my ass, however only silence activates the desire to be here. Today was productive despite the ultimate desire to do absolutely nothing. Made it the Dr. 5 minutes late which beats having to utilize my standard list of responses to the famous, "you're late" remark. It's sort of like getting pulled over for speeding...

Cop: "You know why you were pulled over right?" 
( Hmmm, how many times is that question answered honestly in a day?)
Speeder: *Silence*
Cop: "You were going 125 in a 30!!"
Speeder: "Me?"

Yes, that one snicker you get in, prior to your required signature on that tiny sheet of paper that ultimately takes a whole paycheck and re-designates it to the next asshole who wants to sit there and wait for your speedometer to malfunction again.
I can never make it anywhere on time...

After my work day I decide to go get a NEW shower head. That gasket, ya, well who wants to take a shot at failing in order to save $29.95? Am I the only one that wanders aimlessly through someone else's local Walmart cursing under my breath about why in the hell every Walmart store is exactly the opposite of the last? If you are wondering why I assume now that it is a master marketing strategy that forces you to walk from one side to the other and get all the things that you never wanted until now! So a shower head, 5 kid shirts, caulking (cause I have time for more projects, and a tool that I will never use... I am free to go home and begin my chores. Kicker? Even though I got off of work early, I am late for my 7 P.M. deadline to pick up the munchkin. No one is shocked except for me. To hell with it, I am too worn out for clever so I resort to, "I am? Well Crap" and run backwards like I have to get to the house before an oncoming tornado hits. I will not pay the $1.00 a minute unless they threaten my life. 
All in All not a bad day at all. The shower sure does look fancy and since he does not blog, my guy will only be told that it takes him longer than I. The house is spotless and I conveniently misplaced the supplies for project "Shower Caulking". At this hour, it starts to sound like a pretty dirty adult project anyway...Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment