Monday, October 7, 2013

Mondays are just days, right?

So today is  Monday, the day no one in their right mind wants to get out of bed. You check your Facebook a few times and scroll thru your text messages just to make sure that your iPhone didn't suddenly forget to notify you of important events, and if that isn't ridiculous enough when you second guess your phone.... you try to estimate exactly how much longer you can "rest" your eyes before becoming late. I do, every morning. They all run together now, and 45 minutes into my morning wake up routine I always suddenly realize that just as yesterday and the day before that, I HAVE NO TIME in my day for anything less than 24 hours. Get up!

I may be extra scared today, my boyfriend is on a hitch in ND and the kids wouldn't go to bed last night. I expect battles guys... Big ones. I had been a single woman for 4 years and it may as well have been my whole life. I got very used to doing the household upkeep all by myself. Four months ago came my Roughneck in shining armor. Greatest, most handiest guy ever, and when he fell from the sky I immediately forgot everything I have ever learned about handiness. I suppose that because of this I deserve the karma of things only breaking down when he leaves town. And now my shower is broke. Couldn't have possibly been the boys shower since they hate taking baths at all and prefer to lick their fingers at the sweatiest moments of the day. Nope, it is Mine! I couldn't begin to tell you how many times during my plumbing attempts I said "F" this, who needs a shower anyway? Well, it's morning and the procrastinator needs one badly.

Today, I have 2 kids to get to school, a Dr. appointment 2 hours away, a full day of bringing home the bacon, a gasket to find, 5- how to videos on you tube to watch for plumbing issues, 20 pep talks I must give myself, dinner to cook, groceries to buy, and lets throw in that good ol super woman promised a bike ride to a few boys that remember things better than a married woman.

I have a plan to accomplish all of my tasks and half of tomorrows, I forgot to include removing my ass from the couch on my check off list, this is going to be a problem. Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment