I am now done with the Alpha Round. I do have more energy but no more than when I used to run a few miles in the AM and do my crunches. It started off hard but then I have never been the greatest at choreographed workouts. I tend to just have figured out the move when the next one comes up.
End of Week #1 - T25 and garcinia Cambogia and green coffee extract
Lost 3 Pounds
-1" chest
-3/4" waist
-1/2" arm (1/4" per arm)
-1" thigh (1/2 per thigh)
-1/2" Hips
Total Inch Loss: 3.75" Inches Total
*Workouts were tough trying to learn to do properly and keep up my motivation. Cannot do pushups without modification however even with mods my chest muscles were sore in the Am. Every other move is doable except a high jog with my knees continually going above waist line. It was torture on my ankles and definitely slowed me down
End of Week #2 - T25 with Garcinia Cambogia and green coffee extract
No pounds lost or gained/No inch loss
*still trying to figure out moves and needing lots of concentration, also still modifying push ups and as needed
End of Week 3 - T25 with no dietary aids
Gained 8 pounds worked out every day/Gained majority of lost inches back (all in my butt)
Have the moves down, still not strong enough in the chest to do one push up. Now that I am faster there is a lot more stress in ankles and my knees.
End of Week #4 - T25 2 discs a day with prescribed Appetite suppressants/vitamins/carb blockers
I am getting frustrated and ready to give up so I push myself to 2 workout videos a day. 50 minutes plus stretching. Reaching deep for motivation, and calling friends for reinforcement. I should add that 2 workouts still do not wear me out where my treadmill run used to lay me out but I do sweat more.
Do not measure for fear of quitting/decide not to weigh until week 5, but I do feel/see improvement
End of Week #5- T25 2 discs a day with prescribed Appetite suppressants/vitamins/carb blockers
2 workout videos a day/30 day squat challenge/100 crunches/occasional treadmill
Now this is a workout!!! Pretty darn good at all the discs now, a few moves are still eh... but hell I don't walk on water. Still cannot do a push up! Bought some new workout clothes to help motivate me and decided to live in a sports bra and yoga pants. Every time I look at my toning tummy it makes me want to go do more crunches. I am now exactly where I was at the end of week #1 (re lost my inches and re lost my pounds) No more and no less.
I should mention that I have lost 22 pounds total since I decided I wanted to work on my figure. I was tone before I started this and not overweight but I did have a few areas I wanted to work on.
I cannot help but wonder if the weight gain had something to do with dietary adjustments, trying to better regulate sodium intake, smoking on & off, the loss of my job, and monthly water weight. I don't believe that T25 worked me hard enough to lose 8 pounds in 2 weeks had it not been for all of the added exercise and the diet aids.
T25 will help you find your muscles, if you do not have regular exercise in your life and are fairly overweight this program would jumpstart your new regime or "find your strength". However if you are already somewhat fit the Alpha round may make you feel like you wasted part of your life you will never get back.
So far I enjoy the Alpha Abs disc and could see myself using it long after the Beta round is done to break up the monotony of daily roman chair exercises.
I think if it wasn't for the calendar in my face reminding me that I haven't done my crap today I would have missed all the other strength training I completed. That calendar and Ab's is well worth the $23 I paid for the set, however the system sells for about $150 from beach body and if I had paid that I would be pissed of and ungrateful as hell.
PS. The before & after photos on their website are awesome, but if you Google results of the general public most are really not that big of a change, unless they were top heavy to start. I wonder how many times they did each phase or if they included other things besides T25. I will be doing Beta, just to say I did it. You should know that there is a 3rd phase if you don't feel like the first 2 worked but of course you'll have to purchase 2 more discs. And also in order to start the beta, I will also need to buy dumbbells and resistance bands. At the $150 price, I especially would not be happy that there was more to purchase.
#T25
#workouts
#T25Alpha
#Beachbody
No comments:
Post a Comment